Home remedies for vitiligo
1. Take 5 teaspoons of turmeric powder and mix in 250 ml of mustard oil and apply on the white patches of skin, twice a day, usually advised for a period of 12-15 months.
2. Application of Sweet Basil leaves extracts with lemon juice, advised for 5-6 months.
3. Most of the Indian traditional practitioners advise water kept in a copper vessel for overnight as diet
4. In Eastern India, where there is less sun, this is a widely advised remedy: Tamarind seeds and Psorolia seeds (Bakuchi Seeds) are soaked in water used to clean rice for 7 days. It is then ground into a paste and applied on spots to give immediate results. I have a personal experience in this preparation. It is very effective, however for some people it resulted in burning sensation and boils.
5. Fresh ginger juice with Bakuchi powder mix – Obese persons and with spots on high muscular areas (Widely advised in India)
6. Application of radish (white) seeds with vinegar is widely practiced in Calcutta. 50 gms of seeds with 15 ml of Vinegour
7. Many parts of Kerala advises Bakuchi Seed powder with Coconut oil as external application
8. some specialised practitioners in Kerala advises the following as diet for 40 days with external applications – 600 gm raw cucumber and 3 betel leaves three times a day and food made from bitter gourd.
9. Ginger Juice with red Clay as external application in karnataka (some parts).
Vitiligo is like cold, cough it can affect any one in any part of life. The western medicine helps in reduction of symptoms and most of the times it ends up with complications. Ayurveda medicines and therapies, diet helps to resolve the condition swiftly and permanently.