HOW TO INCREASE SPERM MOBILITY
Hold yourself back. Refraining from intercourse and/or masturbation for two to three days between each ejaculation gives your sperm time to build up their strength while increasing in numbers.
Turn down the heat. Overheated testicles can make your sperm slow and sluggish. To revive them, switch from briefs to boxers; this allows for the flow of air throughout the day, keeping them cool. Avoid hot tubs and saunas, and after you take a hot shower, place a cool cloth on your testicles to stimulate circulation. Once stimulated, your sperm will begin moving again.
Examine your lifestyle. If you enjoy smoking a cigarette after each meal or Friday night beer dates with the boys, you may want to reconsider both of these habits as they are contributing factors to sperm immobility. According to the doctors of Male Fertiliy.md, smoking more than 20 cigarettes a day slows your sperm down considerably, while regular alcohol consumption can lower your production.
Reduce your stress. Stress hormones can damage your sperm and their ability to move efficiently. To combat this and reverse the damage, use stress-relieving techniques such as meditation, yoga and moderate exercise. Taking 10 minutes to close your eyes and breathe deeply can help during stressful situations.
Make dietary changes. If your diet is poor, chances are your health is not optimal. Although you may feel fine, your insides may not be functioning as well as they could. Begin by eating as many organic foods as possible; non-organic fruits, vegetables and meats contain pesticides and hormones that may damage your sperm.
Eliminate as many processed foods as possible; these are home to trans fats, which can also damage sperm. Replace these with nuts and whole grains, both of which are full of zinc, a mineral that helps replenish sperm while increasing their mobility. Green leafy vegetables are also a must; they contain the fertility vitamin–vitamin E.
- Herbal Remedies to Improve Sperm Count
- Shilajit – it is a wonderful herb used since ages to improve sperm quality. It works by reducing the number of free radicals and thereby boosting testosterone levels and sperm count.
- Ashwagandha – this simple ancient root has significant effects in improving the production of male hormones, sperm count and reducing stress.
- Flaxseed Oil – The ingredients within flaxseed oil helps keep the sperm healthy. It also balances the hormones and boosts fertility. It may also help with regard to male impotence. Grind the seeds and sprinkle over soup/ salad.
- Yam – The wild yam root wild yam improves natural progesterone in human body. It is also said to be an aid to male fertility as it improves blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Walnuts – Reports have shown that consuming about 75 gms of walnuts everyday improved sperm vitality, motility and morphology. It was studied that they contain key nutrients that are essential in male reproductive health. Remember, walnuts are high in calories.
If you and your partner have been trying to get pregnant without success for a year, it is time to see a fertility specialist for a complete diagnostic work-up and treatment plan.