Symptoms Of Burning Pain In Thigh
Compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve can cause following symptoms:
- Burning sensation in the outer portion of the thigh.
- Tingling and numbness in the buttocks and the groin region.
- The outer part of thigh also called anterior portion feels numb.
- Many times the skin of the thigh is sensitive to slightest tough.
- Patient feels comfortable in certain position, while the symptoms aggravate in certain other positions. It depends from one person to another.
- Burning sensation in the thigh exaggerate by wearing tight belts, or tight fitting clothes.
- Usually symptoms are unilateral, meaning it affects only one thigh.
- Burning pain in the thigh increases while walking or standing for a long time.
Burning pain in back of the thigh is caused due to sciatica. Sciatic nerve runs from your buttock and on the backside of your thigh and the lower leg. The pain is popularly known as sciatica. The common causes for compression of sciatic nerve are: pinched nerve due to slip disc, sitting for long period, weight gain, lifting heavy weights, symptoms of sciatica are:
- Burning pain in the buttocks that radiates down to the back side of the thigh and calf, further to the outer border of the foot.
- Pain is aggravated by coughing or sneezing.
- Limited flexion of thigh on the affected leg if the leg is kept straight at the knee.
Treatment For Burning Thigh Pain
Treatment for meralgia paresthetica:
As the cause is compression of the superficial nerve of the thigh skin, it is necessary to relieve the compression. With self care measures such as:
- Wearing lose clothes.
- Reducing weight if the person is obese.
- Avoid standing for long time.
- Avoid walking for long distance wearing fit clothes and undergarments.
All the above natural methods help to reduce the symptoms of meralgia parasthetica within few months and rarely surgery may be necessary.
Treatment for pain due to sciatic nerve compression:
- Rest in bed on a firm mattress.
- The person should take absolute rest lying down on the bed; he should not sit up or walk a distance for a stipulated period advised by the treating physician.
- Cold packs may give some relief in the symptoms.
- Minced horseradish poultice is an effective home remedy for treating sciatic nerve burning pain in the thigh. Apply the poultice on the back of the thigh for 15 to 20 minutes, two to three times in a day. It relives the symptoms of sciatica such as burning pain etc.